Orval Hafen papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 1413
Scope and Contents
Bound typescripts; clippings and letters (some photocopies). The collection includes a detailed personal journal, obituaries, articles describing Hafen's life, letters from private citizens and elected officials concerning legislation. The collection describes the observations, opinions and experiences of Hafen, his business, family, friends and politics.
- Hafen, Orval, 1903-1964 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection restricted; permission of the family required to read, cite or publish.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Utah state legislator.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1413.xml
Gift of the Hafen family, 1974; David Thomas, 1975.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Hafen family and David Thomas; 1974-1975.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Arrowhead Petroleum Company
- Cooperative societies -- Utah
- Dixie College
- Dixie Cooperative Produce Association
- Hafen, John
- Hafen, Lenora Knight
- Hafen, Ruth Clark
- Legislators -- Utah
- Petroleum industry and trade -- Utah
- Political Campaigns
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Republican Party (Utah)
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century
- Utah -- Politics and government
- Windows of heaven
- Register of Orval Hafen papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 9
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.