Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services
- Existence: 1986 - 2015
Student Auxiliary Services (1986-2015) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University. The body had responsibility for a range of student services on campus.
The Student Auxiliary Services (SAS) was established in 1986 as an administrative body within the University. In 1989 the Assistant Administrative Vice-President took over the chief administrative role, and the SAS assumed a wider variety of services and departments. In 1996, SAS was placed under Student Life and directed by the Assistant Student Life Vice-President. SAS currently acts as the central administrative body over a vast array of campus services and organizations including the bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, and Housing Services. The following have served as officials over SAS: Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988-1990), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001-2015).
Citation:BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services (SAS, 1986-, 1989 Assistant Administrative Vice-President, assumed wider variety, 1996 under Student Life, directed by Assistant Student Life Vice-President, administrates over campus services and organizations, bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, Housing Services, Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001- ))
Twitter.com, via WWW, May 22, 2020 (David A. Hunt retires, July 2015) https://twitter.com/byustore/status/627166401569009664
Not found: Brigham Young University telephone directory, 2018
Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
Materials include eight glossy 16 x 21 inch motivational posters featuring a word or phrase and a picture of a subject associated with BYU. The posters are Accountability (Brigham Young statue), Competency (bell tower), Respect For Sacred Resources, Integrity (Maeser Building), Teamwork (BYU football team), Exceeding Customer Expectations (Tree of Life sculpture), Respect For All Individuals (JFSB courtyard), and Innovation (JFSB spiral staircase). Dated 2008.
Contains slides, photographs, and negatives of the Student Auxiliary Services and its earlier derivatives. Slides and photographs are of food services, the Brigham Young University campus, the Missionary Training Center, training materials, landscapes, as well as various general slides and photographs relating to the activities of the organization, approximately 1957-1999.
This collection details the workings of the Brigham Young University Department of Student Auxiliary Services. It is comprised of staff minutes, programs, clippings, and reports outlining the various objects and activities which the Student Auxiliary Services dealt with.
Contains slides of photographs taken of various subsets of BYU Food Services, including catering, the Morris Center, the Cannon Center, the Cougareat, the Skyroom, concessions, Provo Temple dining, vending, the Dairy Laboratory, and employees. Slides cover topics including food preparation, food displays, and employee training, 1970-1986.
Contains slides of the Missionary Training Center (MTC), including the cafeteria and its employees. Also includes slides of missionaries in the cafeteria and classes. Includes slides of the 1976 MTC groundbreaking and reception afterward, 1976-1998.
Contains slides of the Morris and Cannon Center cafeterias, including photographs taken of food preparation and displays. Also includes slides of employees and patrons in the cafeterias, as well as slides of the facilities, 1974-1986.
Sound recording of staff orientation meeting concerning staff use of activity cards, Richards building activities, sports and ticket distribution, BYU Dairy lab, Wilkinson Center services, BYU Bookstore, and swimming pool and cafeteria use. Includes a question-answer discussion by several of the Auxiliary Services directors. Also includes a copy of the attendance roll.
- Archival Object 19
- Collection 8
- Colleges and Universities 10
- Education 10
- Universities and colleges -- Food service -- Photographs 10
- Cafeterias -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 7
- Photographs 5
- Slides (Photography) 5
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 4
- Negatives 4
- Posters 4
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 3
- Food service employees -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 3
- Letters 3
- Social Life and Customs 3
- Sports and Recreation 3
- Student Life 3
- Winter Olympics 3
- Buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Caterers and catering -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- College students -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Memorandums 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Reports 2
- Aerial photographs 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Budgets 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Concessions (Amusements, etc.) -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Cycling -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Dairy plants -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service employees -- Training of -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Halloween -- Photographs 1
- Hiking -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Landscapes -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Latter Day Saint temples -- Food service -- Photographs 1
- Olympics 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student housing -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Utah Valley (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Vending machines -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1 + ∧ less