Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services
- Existence: 1986 - 2015
Student Auxiliary Services (1986-2015) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University. The body had responsibility for a range of student services on campus.
The Student Auxiliary Services (SAS) was established in 1986 as an administrative body within the University. In 1989 the Assistant Administrative Vice-President took over the chief administrative role, and the SAS assumed a wider variety of services and departments. In 1996, SAS was placed under Student Life and directed by the Assistant Student Life Vice-President. SAS currently acts as the central administrative body over a vast array of campus services and organizations including the bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, and Housing Services. The following have served as officials over SAS: Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988-1990), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001-2015).
Citation:BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services (SAS, 1986-, 1989 Assistant Administrative Vice-President, assumed wider variety, 1996 under Student Life, directed by Assistant Student Life Vice-President, administrates over campus services and organizations, bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, Housing Services, Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001- ))
Twitter.com, via WWW, May 22, 2020 (David A. Hunt retires, July 2015) https://twitter.com/byustore/status/627166401569009664
Not found: Brigham Young University telephone directory, 2018
Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
Contains slides of various employees demonstrating the vending process from warehouse to vending machine. Includes slides of inventory-taking, and the food services offices and administration building, 1972-1974.
Contans slides titled by subject relating to the Food Services and its derivatives. Includes slides on student events and activities as well as campus views, 1974-1982.
Contains training slides for the Morris Center and General Services. Slides include photographs of food preparation and facility use, circa 1979.
Includes sampling of correspondence, memos and other materials relating to the operation of this office.
Contains commemorative posters for the 2002 Olypmic Games that depict athletes from BYU. Dates range from 2002.
Contains architectural models of the reconstruction of the BYU Cannon Center, posters commemorating the 2002 Olympic Games displaying pictures of BYU athletes who went on the compete in the Olympic Games, and FOCUS Customer Service posters for the Student Auxiliary Services. Materials date from 2002 to 2008.
Contains customer service posters for the Student Auxiliary Services. Dates range from 2002.
Contains architectural models of the remodeled Cannon Center. Dates range from 2005 to 2008.
Contains slides relating to the general functioning of Student Auxiliary Services including slides of the performing arts and various student activities. Also includes slides of faculty and employees as well as slides of campus buildings and aerial shots of Utah Valley and Provo, circa 1970-1986.
- Archival Object 19
- Collection 8
- Colleges and Universities 10
- Education 10
- Universities and colleges -- Food service -- Photographs 10
- Cafeterias -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 7
- Photographs 5
- Slides (Photography) 5
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 4
- Negatives 4
- Posters 4
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 3
- Food service employees -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 3
- Letters 3
- Social Life and Customs 3
- Sports and Recreation 3
- Student Life 3
- Winter Olympics 3
- Buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Caterers and catering -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- College students -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Memorandums 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Reports 2
- Aerial photographs 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Budgets 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Concessions (Amusements, etc.) -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Cycling -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Dairy plants -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service employees -- Training of -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Halloween -- Photographs 1
- Hiking -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Landscapes -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Latter Day Saint temples -- Food service -- Photographs 1
- Olympics 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student housing -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Utah Valley (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Vending machines -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1 + ∧ less