Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services
- Existence: 1986 - 2015
Student Auxiliary Services (1986-2015) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University. The body had responsibility for a range of student services on campus.
The Student Auxiliary Services (SAS) was established in 1986 as an administrative body within the University. In 1989 the Assistant Administrative Vice-President took over the chief administrative role, and the SAS assumed a wider variety of services and departments. In 1996, SAS was placed under Student Life and directed by the Assistant Student Life Vice-President. SAS currently acts as the central administrative body over a vast array of campus services and organizations including the bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, and Housing Services. The following have served as officials over SAS: Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988-1990), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001-2015).
Citation:BYU organizational history project, Feb. 8, 2012: Brigham Young University. Student Auxiliary Services (SAS, 1986-, 1989 Assistant Administrative Vice-President, assumed wider variety, 1996 under Student Life, directed by Assistant Student Life Vice-President, administrates over campus services and organizations, bookstore, Dining Services, Discontinuance Office, Food Services, Handicapped Student Services, Housing Services, Norman Roberts (Coordinator, 1986-1988), R. Michael Whitaker (Associate Director, 1988), Dean Fairbank (Assistant Administrative Vice-President, 1990-2001), David A. Hunt (2001- ))
Twitter.com, via WWW, May 22, 2020 (David A. Hunt retires, July 2015) https://twitter.com/byustore/status/627166401569009664
Not found: Brigham Young University telephone directory, 2018
Found in 27 Collections and/or Records:
Contains reports, correspondence, memorandums, and budgets documenting the ongoing work of Auxiliary Maintenance at Brigham Young University. Includes materials on facilities, operations, and water. Materials date between 1956 and 1980.
Contains slides of employees and the process of food preparation at the Provo Temple dining center, 1970.
Contains slides of the Brigham Young University (BYU) campus including various campus views and construction, displays and events from the BYU centennial celebration, campus buildings, the Helaman Halls pool, and the BYU greenhouse, circa 1970-1980.
Contains slides of various catering events, displays, and showcases. Includes slides highlighting employee interaction with patrons. Also contains slides of facility tours, 1973-1984.
Contains slides from Brigham Young University concessions at the Marriott Center and the stadium. Also contains several slide sheets of photographs from concessions at a BYU v. ASU football game in November 1974, 1973-1976.
Contains slides relating to food services employees, including work areas, food services offices, full-time employee portraits, and student employees and supervisors, 1974-1979.
Contains slides of various landscapes and student activities such as biking and hiking, circa 1970-1979.
Contains slides of the Cougareat cafeteria and displays. Also includes slides of patrons to the food court and employees. Also contains slides of the Skyroom Restaurant, including photographs from various dances, dinners, and banquets held there, 1973-1983.
Contains slides of employee to patron interaction at the Dairy Laboratory, including photographs at the cash register and in the back rooms, 1973.
- Archival Object 19
- Collection 8
- Colleges and Universities 10
- Education 10
- Universities and colleges -- Food service -- Photographs 10
- Cafeterias -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 7
- Photographs 5
- Slides (Photography) 5
- College campuses -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 4
- Negatives 4
- Posters 4
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 3
- Food service employees -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 3
- Letters 3
- Social Life and Customs 3
- Sports and Recreation 3
- Student Life 3
- Winter Olympics 3
- Buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Caterers and catering -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- College students -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 2
- Memorandums 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Reports 2
- Aerial photographs 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Budgets 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Concessions (Amusements, etc.) -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Cycling -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Dairy plants -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Food service employees -- Training of -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Halloween -- Photographs 1
- Hiking -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Landscapes -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Mormon temples -- Food service -- Photographs 1
- Olympics 1
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Provo (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Student housing -- Utah -- Provo 1
- Utah Valley (Utah) -- Photographs 1
- Vending machines -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs 1 + ∧ less