BYU Photo general negatives, 1968-2002
Scope and Contents
Contains negatives taken by the BYU Photo office of various scenes of Brigham Young University campus life, including domestic and international students, University departments, University presidents, and staff and faculty. Also includes leadership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, events and ceremonies such as graduation and Homecoming, student activities during different seasons of the year, buildings and services, field trips, workshops, other properties such as Aspen Grove and the BYU Farm in Spanish Fork, campus organizations and programs, performing groups, construction and improvements, sports teams, donations, alumni, visits of famous people or groups, awards, Cougar Stadium, plays and other entertainment, and staff accomplishments. Dated 1968 to 2002.
- Brigham Young University. News Bureau (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. Public Communications (creator, Organization)
- Brigham Young University. University Communications (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research. Negatives and transparencies are condition restricted and kept in cold storage; access requires 24 hours advance notice.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
The Brigham Young University News Bureau was established around 1952 and was responsible for overseeing university news publications. The unit later became the Brigham Young University Public Communications Department in 1978.
Brigham Young University Public Communications was responsible for overseeing mass media on all levels at the university, including publications such as BYU Today. The unit became University Communications in 1997.
University Communications (1997- ) is a department of Brigham Young University as of 2022, and is responsible for producing media resources, including publications such as BYU Today.
Language of Materials
Arranged numerically, #44-7823.
- Brigham Young University -- Periodicals
- Brigham Young University. News Bureau
- Brigham Young University. Public Communications
- Brigham Young University. University Communications
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- College administrators -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- College buildings -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- College students -- Utah -- Provo -- Social life and customs
- College teachers -- Utah -- Provo
- Commencement ceremonies -- Photographs
- Performing arts -- Utah -- Provo -- Photographs
- Photographers -- Utah
- Universities and colleges -- Awards
- Universities and colleges -- Employees
- Universities and colleges -- Utah -- Provo -- Faculty