Sutherland, George, 1862-1942
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Ida Smoot Dusenberry papers
Collection includes biographical materials, correspondence, writings and notes, newspaper clippings and mementos relating mainly to her personal and family history. Includes funeral guest register and transcript of funeral.
Edmonston photograph of George Sutherland
Karl B. Maeser Lecture recording
Lecture by Douglas F. Tobler concerning Karl G. Maeser as a man and educator at Brigham Young Academy.
List of materials by or about George Sutherland
Undated typewritten list of materials relating to George Sutherland found in the Brigham Young University Archives.
A message to the 1941 graduating class of Brigham Young University from Justice George Sutherland
This address was written by George Sutherland, but delivered by George S. Ballif. It was read as part of the commencement exercises in the Joseph Smith building, June 4, 1941.
Andrew M. Morse collection on George Sutherland
Oral history interview with Evelyn Crandall
Interview by Hollis Scott with Eva Maeser Crandall, concerning her father, Karl G. Maeser, her childhood in Provo, her memories of Brigham Young Academy, students and faculty of Brigham Young Academy. Includes transcript and sound recordings.
George Sutherland letter
Typewritten copy of a letter dated 7 Nov. 1903 and composed in Salt Lake City, Utah. The item was addressed to Chester Isaiah Long, a United States senator. Sutherland, then a member of the United States House of Representatives, endorses the election of Reed Smoot to the United States Senate. He also writes about early political parties in Provo, Utah.
George Sutherland letters received
Handwritten letters written to George Sutherland while he was a lawyer in Provo, Utah. The items deal largely with legal and business matters in various areas of Utah. Most items have been severely water damaged.
Photographs of George Sutherland
Collection includes photographs of George Sutherland, as well as his family and home. Photographs were taken by several photographers between about 1890 and 1940. Also includes some copy prints, and corresponding safety film negatives, of some of the photographs.
- Collection 9
- Digital Record 1
- Colleges and Universities 3
- Education 3
- Letters 3
- Politics, Government, and Law 3
- Biographies 2
- Civil Procedure and Courts 2
- Material Types 2
- Photographs 2
- Provo (Utah) -- History 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 2
- Baccalaureate addresses -- Brigham Young University 1
- Commencement ceremonies 1
- Compact discs 1
- Copy prints 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education -- Utah -- History 1
- Flash memories (Computers) 1
- Judges 1
- Judges -- United States -- Bibliography 1
- Judges -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Lawyers -- Utah -- Provo -- Correspondence 1
- Legislation -- Utah 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Lists 1
- Oral histories 1
- Political Campaigns 1
- Political parties -- Utah -- Provo -- History 1
- Politicians -- Utah -- Correspondence 1
- Politicians -- Utah -- Photographs 1
- Polygamy -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Safety film negatives 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American 1
- Transcripts 1
- United States -- Law and legislation 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- United States -- History 1 + ∧ less