Brigham Young University. Library
- Existence: approximately 1925 - 1961
The Brigham Young University Library (1925-1961) served as repository for the university collection of printed materials.
The university library was established in the Heber J. Grant building in 1925. The collections outgrew the Heber J. Grant building, necessitating the construction of the J. Reuben Clark Library, which was completed in 1961. Head librarians and directors of libraries were Anna K. Ollorton (1925-1948), Asael C. Lambert (1948-1951), Naomi Rich Earl (1951-1954), and S. Lyman Tyler (1954-1961).
Citation:BYU Organizational History, website viewed Oct. 19, 2012: Brigham Young University Library (1925-1961, repository collection printed materials, Heber J. Grant building 1925, J. Reuben Clark Library 1961, head librarians and directors Anna K. Ollorton (1925-1948), Asael C. Lambert (1948-1951), Naomi Rich Earl (1951-1954), S. Lyman Tyler (1954-1961))
Found in 39 Collections and/or Records:
Brigham Young University historical files
Contains manuscripts, biographies, photographs, correspondence, building plans, articles, and filmstrips, all from many different persons and departments on campus.
Everyone has a library story
Contains a story by Deanna Earl Ehman about her parents meeting, courtship, and marriage, and the role of the Brigham Young University Library in their story. Also includes photographs and email correspondence regarding the library story.
Harold B. Lee Library administrative records, 1968-2012
Harold B. Lee Library committee minutes and correspondence, 1954-2005
Contains correspondence and meeting minutes from various library committees and departments, including the Administrative Council, Haybron Adams, and the Learning Resource Committee. Dates from 1954 to 2005.
Harold B. Lee Library instrument of gift forms, 2001-2003
Materials contains instrument of gift forms from 2001 to 2003. Materials focus on book donations to the Harold B. Lee Library that were made by various personal donors and organizations. Materials also include related forms for the acquistion, material descriptions, and thank-you letters from the library for the donors. Materials date from 2001 to 2003.
Harold B. Lee Library personnel records, 1985-1988
Contains records about full-time personnel of the Harold B. Lee Library from 1985 to 1988. Materials include related reports, minutes, and correspondence. Materials date from 1985 to 1988.
Harold B. Lee Library photographs and negatives of library picnic, approximately 1970-1985
Contains color film negatives of a library picnic dating approximately from the years 1970 to 1985.
Harold B. Lee Library plaques, 1965-1995
Contains a series of plaques dedicated to former faculty members of Brigham Young University, including Marcus Bach and Professor Joseph S. Werlin. Materials dated 1965 to 1995.
Harold B. Lee Library records
Includes files of the various departments within the library. Contains correspondence, reports, newsclippings, publications, statistics and minutes. Also includes information concerning the J. Reuben Clark, Jr. Library and Brigham Young University Library.
Harold B. Lee Library records
Contains records on the Harold B. Lee Library regarding the Library Administrative Offices, various committees, the new addition, personnel, and collection development. Materials include correspondence, minutes, reports, instrument of gift forms, and an assortment of plaques. Dates from 1954 to 2012.