The missionary diary of Brigham Y. Card
Scope and Contents
Photocopy of a typewritten diary with handwritten corrections. The journal was kept from 1 Jan. 1938 to 16 March 1940. Also included are photocopies of correspondence, newspaper articles, and photographs. The materials relate to Card's mission for the Mormon Church. He was called to the French Mission and was assigned to work in the French-Swiss (Romande) District of Switzerland. The diary includes many lengthy and detailed entries which tell of Card's daily activities. Many items are in French.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English and French.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from The missionary diary of Brigham Y. Card must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon author living in Canada.
1 v. (379 p.)(0.16 linear ft.)
Donated by B. Y. Card in 1985.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; B. Y. Card; 1985.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Card, B. Y. (Brigham Young), 1914-2006 -- Diaries
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- French Polynesia
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Missions -- Switzerland
- Latter Day Saint missionaries -- Switzerland
- Latter Day Saints -- Switzerland -- History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Switzerland -- History -- 20th century
- Register of The missionary diary of Brigham Y. Card
- Benjamin Sipes
- 2010 November 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.