Samuel Russell, Sr. letters received
Scope and Contents
Handwritten letters addressed to Samuel Russell from various friends and family members. The items deal with personal matters as well as the Mormon Church, its practices including polygamy, and how it was perceived.
- Russell, Samuel, 1835-1896 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Samuel Russell letters received must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Mormon Church leader, businessman, and polygamist in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Language of Materials
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Utah -- History -- 19th century
- Latter Day Saints -- Utah -- Salt Lake City -- History
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History
- Register of Samuel Russell letters received
- Rose Frank
- 4 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.