Lola Smoot papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten note cards, photocopies of Lola Smoot's diaries, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, articles from magazines, correspondence, and partial drafts. The materials relate to Olson's research for his master's thesis in International Relations at Brigham Young University, entitled "The role of Brigham Young University in the Arab development society dairy project for Palestinian orphans". Smoot's diary was kept in 1963 when she was in Jericho working on the Arab Development Society project.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from The role of Brigham Young University in the Arab development society dairy project for Palestinian orphans must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Graduate student of International Studies at Brigham Young University.
1 box (5 linear inches)
Language of Materials
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Arab Development Society -- History
- Brigham Young University -- Students--History
- Dairy processing -- West Bank -- Jericho -- History -- Sources
- Drafts (Documents)
- International Relations
- Jericho -- History -- Sources
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Smoot, Lola -- Diaries
- Register of The role of Brigham Young University in the Arab development society dairy project for Palestinian orphans
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 April 18
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.