Reuben Gardner Miller business papers, 1891-1951
Scope and Contents
Contains various business-related documents ranging 1891-1951. Included are cash books, data on construction of telephone lines by the Eastern Utah Telephone Company (organized by Miller), livestock statistics and deeds. Also included are a ledger and "Bruce's Diary", containing temple and genealogy fund and records of reunions.
- Miller, Reuben Gardner (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Reuben Gardner Miller papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Reuben Gardner Miller (born 1861) was a Utah legislator, president of the Emery Stake for the Mormon Church, stock raiser, and organizer of the Eastern Utah Telephone Company.
Reuben Gardner Miller was born in 1861 in a log cabin in Millcreek, Utah. He was a descendant of Reuben Mill and Robert Gardner who arrived in the Salt Lake Valley as Mormon pioneers in the years 1847 and 1849.
On December 10, 1884 he married Anna Jane Winder in the Logan Temple. Seven sons and two daughters were born to this couple.
He spent his adult years in Price, Utah, where he raised stock and at the turn of the century organized the Eastern Utah Telephone Company. He served in the first and third sessions of the Utah Legislature, was elected Mayor of Price, Utah, and later served as county commissioner.
Miller devoted much time to service in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His mission service took him to the southern states during the years 1888-1890. He was a member of the Emery Stake Presidency for twelve years.
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS418.xml
- Business records
- Carbon County (Utah) -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Southern States--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Forest Dale Ward (Forest Dale, Utah)
- Eastern Utah Telephone Company -- History
- Emery County (Utah) -- History
- Excommunication -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Gardner, Robert
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Miller, James Robison
- Miller, Mary Jane Gardner
- Miller, Reuben Gardner -- Diaries
- Miller, Reuben, 1811-1882
- Taylor, Frank J., 1894-1972
- Winder, E. J.
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States