Program Bureau records
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, minutes, scripts, lists, newsclippings, and photographs concerning tours and shows.
- Brigham Young University. Program Bureau (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Program Bureau (1958-1978) organized nation and worldwide performances and tours for the performing groups at Brigham Young University.
The Student Program Bureau (1941-1958) was a student-managed administrative unit for student performing groups at Brigham Young University.
16 boxes (8 linear ft.)
2 Volumes (0.2 linear ft.)
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Arranged in four series: 1. Brigham Young University scrapbook, 1927-1969. 2. Brigham Young University correspondence, 1954-1966. 3. Brigham Young University tour reports, 1964-1977. 4. Brigham Young University correspondence, reports, and subject files, 1964-1969.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed finding aid is available in print in the repository.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/UA518.xml
Departmental records (University Archives collecting policy, July 2003).
Tapes cited below were transferred to the Sound Services Tape Collection as housed in the University Archives Records Storage Center in the Heber J. Grant Building.
International Explorer Conference, 11 sessions, 10 tapes, August 23-27, 1963.
Processed; James Cloward.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Brigham Young University -- Choral organizations
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Files (Records)
- International Folk Dance Ensemble -- History
- Lamanite Generation (Musical group) -- History
- Lawrence, James H. (James Harold), 1917-1972
- Minutes (Records)
- Performing Arts
- Thompson, Jane, 1921-2013
- Register of the Program Bureau records
- James Cloward
- 2009 June 17
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008