Skip to main content

College of Engineering Sciences and Technology reports, 1966-1981

 Series — Carton: 3
Identifier: UA 5367 Series 2

Scope and Contents

Contains a variety of official reports from faculty of the Brigham Young University engineering department prepared for various departments of the government on a variety of topics including fish habitats, concrete construction and flood control and analysis. Also included are various drafts of master’s thesis projects concerning similar topics as well as reference materials for these reports, such as handbooks or other reports not from BYU faculty.

Dates

  • 1966-1981

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

Restricted. Closed for 35 years from the date of creation of the records, and thereafter open to the public in accordance with the University Archives Policy.

Conditions Governing Use

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology project records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Coordinating Committee.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology (1973-1984) was an administrative unit at Brigham Young University.

The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was established in 1973 when the College of Physical and Engineering Sciences split into the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology and the College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences. The college continued in operation under its name until it was established as the College of Engineering and Technology in 1984. Between 1973 and 1984, the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was administered by deans Armin J. Hill and L. Douglas Smoot. The College of Engineering Sciences and Technology was the administering body for the following departments: Chemical Engineering Science, Civil Engineering Science, Electrical Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering Science, Industrial Education, Technology, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering. The college was administered by a dean under the direction of the president of the university.

Administrative History

From the Collection:

The College of Physical and Engineering Science (1954-1973) was established after the division of the College of Arts and Sciences.

The College of Physical and Engineering Sciences was established in 1954 by Ernest L. Wilkinson. Once housed in the College of Arts and Sciences, the new college was meant to focus on education and principles of physical science for students interested in engineering, industrial work, and research in various scientific fields. In 1973, Dallin H. Oaks changed the college to the College of Engineering Sciences and Technology.

Extent

1 carton

Language of Materials

English