Hickman, William Adams, 1815-1883
- Existence: 1815 - 1883
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
Typewritten excerpts from an autobiography by William Adams "Wild Bill" Hickman. Hickman converted to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and migrated to Utah in 1849, served as a peace officer in Utah, and raised horses. Also included are excerpts from letters by family members.
Handwritten bill of $437.84 for food and dry goods delivered between March 22 and July 9, 1857 to various agents. Payment was received 1859 August 10.
Handwritten and signed petition. This petition is a "writ of prohibition" of John M. Wallace to the Honorable Charles E. Sinclair, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the Territory of Utah, by Wallace's attorney, William A. Hickman. The item claims that Justic of the Peace, Jeter Clinton, collected illicit fines from a Utah "gambling house."
Typescript (Photocopy). An historical research paper written by a Brigham Young University student which discusses Hickman's life and his existing biographies.
Handwritten copy of and handwritten and signed letter, dated 29 April 1854, and addressed to Elias Nelson Conwary, governor of Arkansas. Young mentions the inability of the Utah marshals to apprehend four fugitives from Arkansas. The item is also signed by Joseph Leland Heywood, United States Marshal, and William Adams Hickman, United States Deputy Marshal.
- Politics, Government, and Law 3
- Civil Procedure and Courts 2
- Danites (Mormon Church) 2
- Genealogies 2
- Home and Family 2
- Letters 2
- Mormons -- Utah -- Genealogy 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Utah -- Genealogy 2
- Adams County (Ill.) -- History 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Biographies 1
- Business, Industry, Labor, and Commerce 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education 1
- Freight and freightage -- Utah 1
- Gambling -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Governors -- Arkansas -- Correspondence 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Laws -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Material Types 1
- Military 1
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 1
- Mormons -- Correspondence 1
- Peace officers -- Utah -- History -- Sources 1
- Petitions 1
- Pioneers 1
- Retail trade 1
- Ships and Shipping 1
- United States marshals 1
- Witness bearing (Christianity) 1 + ∧ less