Brigham Young University. Emeritus Club
- Existence: 1941 - 1996
The Emeritus Club was founded in 1941 by Richard R. Lyman, and was created as a branch of the Brigham Young University Alumni Association. All graduates who attended Brigham Young Academy during the Karl G. Maeser presidency, all those who graduated 50 years before the Emeritus Club was formed, or all those who are 70 years or older and have served on the Brigham Young University Board of Trustees or the faculty are included in the Brigham Young University Emeritus Club. In 1996, membership in the Emeritus Club was expanded to those who had graduated 40 years earlier, and the name changed to the Emeritus Association.
Citation:Emeritus Club of Brigham Young University, 1941
Deseret news, March 11, 1997 (Brigham Young University Emeritus Club; name changed to Emeritus Association in 1996, eligibility for membership expanded to include all graduates from 40 years earlier)
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
Contains correspondence, minutes, and other materials relating to the Joint Oral History Project. Dated 1958-1986.