Brigham Young University. Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Existence: 1994-
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (est. 1994) is a teaching unit at Brigham Young University.
It was previously known as the Department of Chemistry until 1994, when the name was changed to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
Citation:The use of the Bacillus species to express the Bacillus anthracis toxin genes for vaccine studies, 1995: t.p. (Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Brigham Young University)
Email from the Dept., Jan 16, 2002 (Dept. of Chemistry changed name to Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry in 1994)
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
Materials are related to the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry from 1987 to 2000. Materials include reports, department reviews, and proposals.
Documents the history of the departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Brigham Young University. Materials include memos, meeting minutes, Izatt's faculty portraits, and department reports related to the routine activities of both the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and the Department of Chemistry from 1961-2004.
Materials document Izatt's interactions with family, friends, and students. They include letters of recommendation, congratulations, condolences, and personal updates. Materials date from 1953 to 2009.
Materials include correspondence, clippings from research publications, and research notes related to the research of Izatt from 1950-2008. Materials focus on the research of Izatt on his various chemistry specialties and his correspondence with colleagues on research. Additional material includes correspondence related to Izatt's work and research at the Thermochemical Institute.