Hat Creek Station (Wyo.)
- Existence: 1875-
Hat Creek Station (est. 1875) was a stagecoach station near Lusk, Wyoming.
Citation:Work cat.: William Henry Jackson Papers Digital Library Project, 2001(Hat Creek Stage Station)
Historical Encyclopedia of Wyoming, 1970:p. 174 (Hat Creek Stage Station. The Hat Creek Stage Station ... was a main stopover on the historic Cheyenne-Deadwood Stage run. The station has been called Ft. Hat Creek in some references, but it was never a military garrison.)
GNIS, May 10, 2002(Hat Creek (historical) populated place; abandoned; Niobrara County, Wyoming; 42⁰56ʹ22ʺN 104⁰22ʹ09ʺW)
Town of Lusk website, June 11, 2001(... located on the historic Cheyenne-Deadwood Stagecoach route ... Some of the sites along the trail include fort Hat Creek Stage Station, located 15 miles north and 2 miles west of Lusk ... the fort was established in 1875 when Captain James Egin & his troops thought that they had reached Hat Creek, Nebraska. The fort included barracks, a blacksmith shop, telegraph station & a post office. The original building burned in 1883 but was replaced by the present 2 story building that still stands today ...)
The Cheyenne and Black Hills Stage and Express Routes, 1949:p. 122-123 (... At the crossing of Sage creek was the stage station named Hat Creek Ranche. It was established in the autumn of 1876 by John (Jack) Bowman ... Hat Creek station ... was on the edge of the most dangerous section of the entire Cheyenne to Deadwood stage route in which occurred Indian raids and stagecoach holdups ... Attached to his establishment were: telegraph and post office, brewery, bakery, butcher and blacksmith shops ...)