William John Benbow Carter diaries
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of handwritten diaries, certificates, patriarchal blessings, and biographies. The diaries were kept while Carter served on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England and while he lived in St. George, Utah. The biographies are of family members.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Resident of St. George, Utah, and missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
13 folders (0.13 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
19th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts.
- Carter, William John Benbow, 1852-1908
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- England -- History
- Mormons -- England -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- Register of William John Benbow Carter diaries
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 31
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.