Edward H. Snow papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains material from the life of Edward Hunter Snow and covers the years 1878-1932. These materials are in addition to other materials previously acquired by BYU.
Contains letters, blessings, certificates, funeral information, newspaper clippings, and telephone company documents belonging to Edward H. Snow.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Additions to the Edward Hunter Snow papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Edward Hunter Snow (1865-1932) was the son of apostle Erastus Snow. He spent most of his life in St. George, Utah, where he served as president of the LDS St. George Stake and president of the St. George Temple. He served a mission to the southern states as well as serving as president of the Eastern States Mission. He was also a member of the Utah State Constitutional Convention and the Utah State Tax Commission.
1 oversize folder (0.3 linear ft.)
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Item-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS2367.xml
Donated to BYU by Karl Snow and the Edward H. Snow Family organization in March 2002.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Karl Snow; March 2002
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Dern, George Henry, 1872-1936
- Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945
- Ivins, Anthony W.
- Kimball, Jonathan Golden, 1853-1938
- Lund, Anthon H., 1844-1921
- Maeser, Karl G.
- Roberts, B. H. (Brigham Henry), 1857-1933
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- Salt Lake City (Utah)
- Smith, Joseph F. (Joseph Fielding), 1838-1918
- Smoot, A. O. (Abraham Owen), 1815-1895
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888
- Winder, John R. (John Rex), 1821-1910
- Register of the Edward H. Snow papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 1
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.