Niels Christian Jensen autobiography and day book
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of a handwritten autobiography and a day book. Jensen writes about his life in Denmark including his participation in the war with Prussia in 1864. Jensen also relates his migration to the United States; his conversion to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; his settling in Manti and Richmond, Utah; and his later move to the Rexburg, Idaho, area.
- Jensen, Niels Christian (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Niels Christian Jensen autobiography and day book must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Danish convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Danish Americans -- Idaho -- History -- Sources
- Danish Americans -- Utah -- History
- Denmark -- History -- 19th century
- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Mormon Church
- Jensen, Niels Christian
- Manti (Utah) -- History
- Mormons -- Idaho -- Rexburg -- History -- Sources
- Mormons -- Utah -- History
- Overland Journeys to the Western United States
- Rexburg (Idaho) -- History -- Sources
- Richmond (Utah) -- History -- Sources
- Schleswig-Holstein War, 1864 -- History -- Sources
- Register of Niels Christian Jensen autobiography and day book
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 March 2
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.