Oral history interview with Harold J. Bissell
Scope and Contents
Interview by Arthur Chapman with Harold J. Bissell, who recounts his education at BYU and Iowa, and his teaching experiences and thoughts about BYU.
- Bissell, Harold Joseph, 1913- (interviewee, Person)
- Chapman, Arthur Owen, 1913-2003 (interviewer, Person)
- Brigham Young University. Alumni Association (contributor, Organization)
- Joint Oral History Project (Brigham Young University) (contributor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Harold J. Bissell oral history interview must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
Professor of Geology at BYU.
1 sound cassettes (45 min.)
1 volume (11 pages)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Recorded in Provo, Utah.
Recorded as part of the BYU Joint Oral History Project.
Includes related transcription material.
- Register of Oral history interview with Harold J. Bissell
- Jennifer Kim
- 2011 August 18
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.