Photographs of David O. McKay Building dedication
Scope and Contents
Contains photographs of the dedication of the David O. McKay Building, of David O. McKay himself, and of McKay with Ernest L. Wilkinson, and the First Presidency. Images date from between 1954 and 1979.
- Brigham Young University (creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Photographs of David O. McKay Building dedication must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Plans for the David O. McKay building began in 1952 after an evaluation by the Brigham Young University College of Education concluded that the existing building for the College of Education were no longer meeting the growing needs of the program. Plans were officially announced in February of 1954 with the completion deadline being set for December of the same year. The building was officially dedicated on December 14, 1954 by President and Sister McKay along with members of the First Presidency and school officials.
1 folder (0.01 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Donation from the David O. McKay School of Education in June, 2004.
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
- Register of Photographs of David O. McKay Building dedication
- Abe Austin
- 2012 April 12
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.