David O. McKay Institute
- Existence: 1976 - 1986
The David O. McKay Institute was created in 1976 to act as a way to consolidate instructional research, development and evaluation activities under one administration head. The institute acted under a director which included: Adrian P. Von Mondfrans (1976-1983), and Robert C. Wood (1983-1986).
Citation:BYU Organizational History website, via WWW, July 3, 2014: David O. McKay Institute (est. 1976; acted as a way to consolidate instructional research, development and evaluation activities under one administration head; directors included Adrian P. Von Mondfrans (1976-1983), and Robert C. Wood (1983-1986))
Found in 9 Collections and/or Records:
General files, followed by communication with specific individuals. Includes one folder of "Collected information on Wesley P. Lloyd upon his death. One time dean of the Graduate School."
Honorary degrees and relevant correspondence, curriculum files, Learning Services files, Ben Lewis Award materials, David Wooley Evans Award files, Research Libraries Group files, IMURA files, Weather Modification Consort files, and BYU Press files.
Contains the correspondence of Associate Academic Vice President Neal E. Lambert. It also contains information on various academic departments at Brigham Young University.
Department files for Biology and Agriculture, the Benson Institute, Education, the McKay Institute, Engineering, Family, Home and Social Sciences, Fine Arts and Communications, Humanities, Law School, Library and Information Sciences, Nursing, Physical Education, Physical and Math Sciences, Religious Instruction, School of Management, and the Library.
Contains information from the David O. McKay Institute.
Contains research files from the Eyring Research Institute and McKay Institute including research proposals, publications and statistics. Also contains Robert L. Egbert's files regarding his research on human behavior including correspondence and evaluations. Materials date from 1926 to 2001.
Reports of various Graduate Studies programs from 1972 to 1981. Materials include reports prepared by research committees to improve the performance various departments and entities on Brigham Young University campus. These include the School of Library and Information Sciences, the David O. McKay Institute of Education, and several evaluations of Graduate Studies outreach programs to undergraduates. Materials consist of reports prepared by research committees.
Contains photographs of the dedication of the David O. McKay Building, of David O. McKay himself, and of McKay with Ernest L. Wilkinson, and the First Presidency. Images date from between 1954 and 1979.