George H. Hansen papers
Scope and Contents
Contains correspondence, photographs, reports, a map, and news clippings concerning the College of Arts and Sciences, college policies, faculty, senior students and Utah's geology. Files belonged to George H. Hansen while serving as Acting Dean of College of Arts and Science from 1952 to 1954. Materials dated 1934 to 1959.
- Hansen, George H. (George Henry), 1896-1981 (creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
George H. Hansen (1896-1981) was a geology professor and administrator at Brigham Young University, who served as dean of the graduate school between 1954 and 1957. Hansen spent time in Indonesia establishing a geology department at the Gadjah Mada University in Jogjakarta, Indonesia.
1 box (0.5 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
University history (University Archives collecting policy, February 2010).
Processed; Hollis Scott.
Processed; Karen Glenn; 2022 September. Item and file level inventory migrated.
- Brigham Young University. College of Applied Science
- Brigham Young University. College of Arts and Sciences
- Brigham Young University. College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Geology -- Study and teaching -- Utah -- Provo
- Geology -- Utah
- Hansen, George H. (George Henry), 1896-1981
- Register of the George H. Hansen papers
- James Cloward
- circa 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant, 2007-2008