Handwritten bond dated September 7, 1838, signed by Joseph Smith, Jr. and others before Judge Austin King of the 5th Judicial Circuit Court. The bond was for $500.00 and bound Joseph Smith, Jr. and Lyman Wight over to the court.
- 1838 September 7
- Missouri. Circuit Court (5th Judicial Circuit) (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Circuit Court recognizance must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
1 sheet (2 p.) ; 30 x 21 cm
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Civil Procedure and Courts
- Daviess County (Mo.) -- History
- Durfee, James, 1789-1844
- King, Austin Augustus, 1802-1870
- Law -- Missouri -- Daviess County -- History
- Legal documents -- Missouri
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- Biography
- Partridge, Edward, 1793-1840
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Wight, Lyman
- Register of Circuit Court recognizance
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 December 2
- Description rules
- Language of description