Handwritten and signed letters dated 6 April 1874 and 15 Sept. 1887. The 1874 missive is addressed to settlements "southeast of St. George," Utah, and relates to the mission of the the Mormon Church to the Indians of Moencopi. The 1887 letter is addressed to George Alfred Townsend and relates to Townsend's disire to come to the West U.S.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Letters must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
2 items (2 pages)
Biographical / Historical
Apostle in the Mormon Church.
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Apostles--Correspondence
- Church work with Indians -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Saint George (Utah) -- History
- Territorial Government
- Townsend, George Alfred, 1841-1914
- Register of Letters
- Leslie Evens
- 2011 November 7
- Description rules
- Language of description