Augusta Bowen Cleveland Smith papers
Scope and Contents
Handwritten correspondence, patriarchal blessings, poems, songs, and miscellaneous items. The bulk of the collection are letters between Smith and family members. The materials relate to family matters. Also included are letters from the Mormon apostle, George Albert Smith, to John L.Smith that deal with George's Mormon Church-related activities.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon woman who was the wife of John L. Smith and who lived in Utah and Idaho.
2 boxes (1 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Home and Family
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Apostles
- Latter Day Saint women -- Idaho -- Correspondence
- Latter Day Saint women -- Utah -- Correspondence
- Patriarchal blessings (Latter Day Saint churches) -- History
- Smith, George Albert, 1817-1875
- Smith, John L. (John Lyman), 1828-1898
- Social Life and Customs
- Register of Augusta Bowen Cleveland Smith papers
- Andrea Wyss
- 2011 April 12
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.