Diaries, correspondence, articles, family histories, and miscellaneous items. The materials deal largely with Swensen's early life in Pleasant Grove, Utah, his mission to Germany and Switzerland, and his early educational experiences.
- Swensen, Russel B. (Russel Brown), 1902- (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Russel B. Swensen papers must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
10 boxes (5 linear ft.)
Russel B. Swensen (1902-1987) was an author and professor of religious education and medieval history at Brigham Young University.
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository.
Other Finding Aids File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS1842.xml
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Brigham Young University -- Faculty -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Swiss and German Mission
- Educators -- Utah -- History
- Family histories
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Germany -- History
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Switzerland -- History
- Pleasant Grove (Utah) -- History
- Swensen, Russel B. (Russel Brown), 1902- -- Archives
- Register of Russel B. Swensen papers
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 April 12
- Description rules
- Language of description