John T. Gerber correspondence
File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 138
Scope and Contents
Handwritten correspondence. Most of the items are between Gerber and Louis von Buren and John Lyman Smith. Typescripts accompany many of the letters and some of the manuscripts are in German. Gerber and his correspondents write about Switzerland and the work of Mormon missionaries there.
- Gerber, John T. (John Theophilus), 1837-1920 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from John T. Gerber correspondence must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Biographical / Historical
John T. Gerber was a Mormon missionary in Switzerland from Granger, Utah.
2 folders (0.1 linear ft.)
19th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions -- Switzerland
- Gerber, John T. (John Theophilus), 1837-1920 -- Correspondence
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Switzerland -- History
- Mormon missionaries -- Switzerland -- History
- Mormons -- Switzerland -- History
- Switzerland -- History -- 19th century
- Register of John T. Gerber correspondence
- Rose Frank
- 2011 March 28
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.