Consists of three separate manuscripts: "Religious Experiences of Thomas Walter Brookbank," "Travels and Threads of Experience," and "A Soldier's Recollections." These autobiographies recount the author's early life and conversion to Mormonism, his experiences in the Civil War (1861-1865), life in Utah and the Mormon settlements in eastern Arizona, and missionary activities in New Mexico, Texas, Mexico, and Great Britain.
- Tanner, George S. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Thomas Walter Brookbank reminiscences must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
3 items (91 leaves)
Missionary for the Mormon Church, journalist, veteran of the American Civil War (1861-1865), and Arizona pioneer.
Originally collected by George S. Tanner; formerly cataloged as Mss 600.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Cannon, Abraham H. (Abraham Hoagland), 1859-1896
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Mexico--History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--New Mexico
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Missions--Great Britain--History
- Missions and Missionaries
- Mormon missionaries
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History
- Mormons -- Colonization -- Arizona -- History
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives
- United orders (Mormon Church) -- Arizona -- History
- Utah -- History -- 19th century
- Woodruff, Wilford, 1807-1898
- Young, John W. (John Willard), 1844-1924
- Register of Thomas Walter Brookbank reminiscences
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 19
- Description rules
- Language of description