Hancock County, Illinois summonses
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 759
Scope and Contents
Handwritten and printed summonses for Joseph Smith, first president of the Mormon Church, and John C. Bennett, and apostle in the Mormon Church. Also included is a receipt from Emma Hale Smith, first wife of Joseph Smith, made out to Thomas Sharp.
- Illinois. Circuit Court (Hancock Co.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Hancock County (Ill.) summonses must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
County in Illinois.
3 items (6 p.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
19th Century Mormon and Western Manuscripts.
- Bennett, John Cook, 1804-1867
- Civil Procedure and Courts
- Mormon Church -- Apostles -- History
- Mormon Church -- Presidents -- History
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History
- Politics, Government, and Law
- Receipts (Acknowledgments)
- Sharp, Thomas, 1818-
- Smith, Emma Hale
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844
- Register of Hancock County (Ill.) summonses
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 July 15
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.