Joseph Fish typescripts of histories and diaries
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: MSS 2010
The Fish diaries cover his life from the 1840s to 1926. His histories of Arizona and his series on Pioneers of the Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region cover aspects of western history from 1500-1905. The Joseph Fish typescripts include: "The Diaries of Joseph Fish," Fish's "History of the Eastern Arizona Stake of Zion and the Establishment of the Snowflake Stake," a "History of Arizona Territory," volumes 4-7 of "Pioneers of the Southwest and Rocky Mountain Region," and "History of Enterprise and its Surroundings."
- Fish, Joseph, 1840-1926 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Joseph Fish typescripts of histories and diaries must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
3 boxes (1.5 linear ft.)
Mormon pioneer and historian.
Vasco M. Tanner donated typescripts of the Joseph Fish diaries. Also, Chad Flake, Supervisor of Special Collections, transferred in 1982 typescripts of Fish's Rocky Mountain histories to the Manuscript Department.
LDS scholarship and historiography (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.III, 2007).
- Arizona -- History
- California -- History
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Eastern Arizona Stake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Snowflake Arizona Stake
- Drafts (Documents)
- Fish, Joseph, 1840-1926
- Hamblin, Jacob, 1819-1886
- Indians of North America -- Arizona
- Lyman, Francis M. (Francis Marion), 1840-1916
- Mormon pioneers -- History
- Smith, Jesse Nathaniel, 1834-1906
- Smith, John Henry, 1848-1911
- Snow, Erastus Fairbanks, 1818-1888
- Snowflake (Ariz.) -- History
- Utah -- Emigration and immigration -- History
- Utah -- History
- Wells, Daniel H. (Daniel Hanmer), 1814-1891
- Young, Brigham, 1836-1903
- Register of Joseph Fish typescripts of histories and diaries
- Lucy Brimhall
- 2013 February 27
- Description rules
- Language of description