James R. Clark manuscript drafts and book
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: MSS 1599
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of typed and printed official statements of the First Presidency of the Mormon Church between the years 1935 and 1951 as well as a book entitled "Statements of the First Presidency" volume 6. This item was published in 1975 and compiled and autographed by James R. Clark. The statements relate to the church members and hierarchy dealing with Mormon doctrine and theology as well as Mormon Church policy and procedure. The majority of the statements were made between the years 1939 and 1945 and express the Mormon Church's official views on World War Two as well as war in general.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Manuscript drafts and book must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Mormon author and educator.
234 items (6 linear inches)
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
This item was formerly accessioned under the number A77-59.
- Church Government
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. First Presidency
- Drafts (Documents)
- Mormon Church -- Presidents
- Mormons -- Correspondence
- War -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Register of James R. Clark manuscript drafts and book
- Megan Furcini
- 2011 April 26
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.