Clark, James R. (James Ratcliffe), 1910-1995
- Existence: 1910 - 1995
James R. Clark (1910-1995) was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and religion professor who lived in Utah.
Found in 14 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains materials used by James R. Clark in writing the six volumes of Messages of the First Presidency. The material covers the years 1824 -1984. It also contains several drafts of each of the volumes.
Contains administrative files, including correspondence and memos, meeting minutes, reports, financial information, and news clippings produced by Paul Felt as director of the Institute. Materials date from between 1953 and 1967.
Administrative files, including correspondence and memos, meeting minutes, reports, financial information, news clippings. Materials produced by directors Paul Felt and Dale Tingey.
Includes correspondence, minutes, brochures, news releases, maps, and surveys; financial, statistical, historical information, and annual reports. Includes information concerning Indian education, employment, alcoholism, conferences, and tribes. Also includes Brigham Young University Indian program development, campus tours, performing groups, tribal contacts, and memoranda.
Administrative files. Includes a general correspondence section, followed by a general files section (articles, research materials, department bulletins and periodicals, travel records, research surveys and articles, course materials, and students listings). Materials produced or gathered by Coordinator of Research, James R. Clark.
Notecards on Adam, the origin of man, Old Testament prophets, the Council of the Fifty, the Pearl of Great Price, cosmology, etc.; also biographies and assorted biographical information.
Typescripts of pertinent newspaper articles (1824-1950), bibliographical information for LDS scriptures, rough drafts of volumes 1-4 of "Messages", unpublished pamphlets and books, audio reels and cassette tapes of Church-related people and events, filmstrips, typescripts and photocopies of "Messages" source material, correspondence, notes, unbound/uncut copies of volumes 5 and 6 of "Messages", pertinent student papers, etc.
- Archival Object 8
- Collection 6
- Church Government 7
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 7
- Colleges and Universities 7
- Education 7
- Research (Documents) 7
- Audiotapes 6
- Indians of North America 6
- Indians of South America 6
- Nauvoo (Ill.) 6
- Notes 6
- Palmyra (N.Y.) 6
- Pearl of Great Price 6
- Provo (Utah) 6
- Salt Lake City (Utah) 6
- Letters 5
- Mormon Church -- History 5
- Anthropology 4
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 4
- Church work with Indians -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 4
- Indians of North America -- Education 4
- Minutes (Records) 3
- Oral histories 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Articles 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Interviews 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- History 1
- Latter Day Saint churches -- Presidents 1
- Latter Day Saints -- Correspondence 1
- Memorandums 1
- Reports 1
- Transcripts 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1 + ∧ less