The film contains typescripts, handwritten entries on printed forms, printed materials, photographs, correspondence, legal agreements, contracts, leases, brochures, newspaper clippings, board minutes, financial statements, and reports covering the company's history and operations. Five of the eight reels of microfilm are copies of the other three.
- Utah Parks Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Restrictions apply to some of the materials. Contact the Supervisor of Reference Services for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Utah Parks Company records must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
8 microfilm reels (0.5 linear ft.)
Subsidiary of the Union Pacific Railroad Company which operated the lodging and transportation facilities at Bryce Canyon, Zion, and Grand Canyon (North Rim) National Parks, and Cedar Breaks National Monument. The company was donated to the United States government in 1975.
Other Finding Aids
File-level inventory available online. http://files.lib.byu.edu/ead/XML/MSS533.xml
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Union Pacific Corporation; 1976
Western American business and labor history (20th Century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.II, 2007).
- Bryce Canyon National Park (Utah) -- History
- Cedar Breaks National Monument (Utah) -- History
- Grand Canyon National Park (Ariz.) -- History
- Material Types
- Minutes (Records)
- National parks and reserves -- Arizona -- History
- National parks and reserves -- Utah -- History
- Union Pacific Railroad Company -- History
- Utah Parks Company -- History
- Zion National Park (Utah) -- History
- Register of Utah Parks Company records
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 23
- Description rules
- Language of description