Exponent II records
Scope and Contents
Contains materials from Exponent II, including minutes, photographs, scrapbooks, and articles. Materials were produced during the meetings, retreats and parties, and publications of the members of Exponent II in the greater Boston and New England area. Dated 1974 to 2001.
- Mormon Sisters, Inc. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at email@example.com.
Mormon Sisters, Inc. is a group of Mormon women who incorporated to become a non-profit corporation to obtain bulk mailing rates for Exponent II.
Exponent II grew out of meetings held by Mormon women in the greater Boston area starting about 1969-70. These women were inspired by the Woman's Exponent which was published from 1872 to 1914 and decided to create a new publication for Mormon women along similar lines. Exponent II tries to encourage and develop the talents of Mormon women. Contributions are invited covering a wide range of topics, news articles, short essays, poetry, suggestions, and letters to the editor. The publication started in July of 1974 and has been published on a quarterly basis.
6 cartons (6 linear ft.)
15 boxes (7.5 linear ft.)
2 oversize boxes (2 linear ft.)
1 oversize folder (0.2 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in repository for materials dated 1974 to 1984.
The materials comprising the Exponent II collection were a gift from the Exponent II staff.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated; Exponent II editorial staff; 1977. Donated; Exponent II editorial staff; 2004 August. Donated; Emily Gray, Exponent II secretary; 2017.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western & Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
Processed; Garrett Schroath; March 2011.
Processed; Maddi Landrith; March 2018.
- American poetry -- Women authors -- 20th century
- American prose literature -- Mormon authors
- American prose literature -- Women authors
- Christian life -- Mormon authors
- Christian poetry, American -- Mormon authors
- Christian poetry, American -- Women authors
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- Doctrines
- Feminism -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Material Types
- Mormon authors -- 20th century -- American poetry
- Mormon authors -- Biography
- Mormon women
- Mormons -- Archives
- Mormons -- Periodicals -- Archives
- Women and literature
- Women authors -- Biography
- Women in the Mormon Church
- Register of Exponent II records
- Garrett Schroath
- 2011 March 11
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.
- Carton: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Carton: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 2 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 3 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 4 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 5 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 6 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 9 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 10 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 11 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 12 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 13 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 14 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 15 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 16 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 17 (Mixed Materials)
- oversize-folder: 18 (Mixed Materials)
Part of the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Repository
Brigham Young University
Provo Utah 84602 United States