Edmund C. Babcock letters
Scope and Contents
Contains eighteen handwritten letters to Elizabeth B. Lampman, all but one having postmarked envelopes, written between July to August 1903 by Edmund C. Babcock; there are also two letters written by an anonymous person or persons, located in the letter of July 16th written from Cripple Creek, Colorado. Letters document Babcock's travels through Yellowstone National Park as the secretary of the Brooklyn Christian Endeavor Union.
- 1903 July-August
- Babcock, Edmund C. (Edmund Charles), 1877-1940 (correspondent, Person)
- Babcock, Elizabeth L. (Elizabeth Lampman), 1882-1960 (correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to use material from this collection must be obtained from Reference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biographical / Historical
Edmund Charles Babcock was born January 26, 1877, to Edmund George Babcock and Frederica G. DeForest Babcock, in Brooklyn, New York. He was married to Elizabeth B. Lampman on October 10, 1905 in Kings, New York. He served as secretary for the Brooklyn Christian Endeavor Union, with which he traveled through Yellowstone National Park in the summer of 1903. In 1917, he became the sole owner of the art gallery founded by C. E. Snedecor. Edmund Charles Babcock died on January 3, 1940, in Brooklyn, New York.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Belle Lampman was born October 18, 1882, to Charles Lampman and Ida Brandow in Coxsackie, New York. She was married to Edmund C. Babcock on October 10, 1905, in Kings, New York. She was active in her church and social affairs in her community. Babcock died on November 23, 1960, in Center Moriches, New York.
1 box (0.25 linear ft.)
Language of Materials
Letters purchased from Ron Lerner on March 8, 2017, who purchased them from e-Bay.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchased; Ron Lerner; March 8, 2017.
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th Century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy 5.VI, August 2007).
Processed; Lyn Clayton and Maddi Stanley, 2017.
- Babcock, Edmund C. (Edmund Charles), 1877-1940 -- Correspondence
- Babcock, Elizabeth L. (Elizabeth Lampman), 1882-1960 -- Correspondence
- Brooklyn Christian Endeavor Union
- Christian sects -- United States
- Home and Family
- Social Life and Customs
- Travel agents -- Correspondence
- Yellowstone National Park -- Description and travel
- Register of Edmund C. Babcock letters
- Lyn Clayton and Maddi Stanley
- 2017 April 26
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.