Experiences of the Josiah Rhead family in the Martin handcart company of 1856
File — Folder: 1
Identifier: MSS SC 2713
Scope and Contents
Typewritten research paper for a Religion 442 class taught by Howard H. Barron at Brigham Young University. Using family records and unpublished materials as well as secondary sources, Richards writes a history of the Martin handcart company.
- Richards, Paul C. (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for public research.
Conditions Governing Use
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain any necessary copyright clearances. Permission to publish material from Experiences of the Josiah Rhead family in the Martin handcard company of 1856 must be obtained from the Supervisor of Reference Services and/or the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Board of Curators.
Student of Mormon history at Brigham Young University.
1 item (22 p.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Utah and the American West and LDS cultural, social, and religious history (20th century Western and Mormon Manuscripts collection development policy, 5.VII, 2007).
- Brigham Young University -- Students--History
- Edward Martin Emigrating Company -- History
- Emigration and immigration -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Immigration and American Expansion
- Mormon handcart companies
- United States -- Emigration and immigration -- History
- Register of Experiences of the Josiah Rhead family in the Martin handcart company of 1856
- In Progress
- Elisa Visick
- 2010 November 23
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English in Latin script.