- Existence: 1937-
LeGrand Baker (b. 1937) was a historian and curator in Utah.
Found in 13 Collections and/or Records:
Letter dated January 24, 1976 and addressed to LeGrand Baker, an archivist at Brigham Young University. Allred writes about John Markland Jones, a convert to the Mormon Church who migrated to Utah and later to Los Angeles County, California.
Baker church history slides, circa 1960s collection contains 224 34mm slides of church history, people, and sites. There are slides of homes and historic sites as well as slides of museum exhibits, paintings, and photographs.
Typescript of an interview (78 pages) conducted by LeGrand Baker on August 14, 1986 for the Brigham Young University Archives. Allen tells about the career and programs of John H. Perry (b. 1917), author and businessman, who had a plan called the National Dividend Plan to more effectively handle public assistance in the United States.
Typewritten and signed letter dated 2 March 1984 and addressed to LeGrand Baker of the Brigham Young University Archives. The item was signed "Aunt Bo." It deals with her life and writing career. Also with the collection are newspaper articles either by or about Dorland. They include a crossword puzzle by her.
Contains the writings and manuscripts of the articles and books that LeGrand Baker had published. These include "Murder of the Prophet Joseph Smith," "Joseph Smith and Moroni," "Psalms of the Temple," and other manuscripts.
- Collection 8
- Archival Object 5
- Letters 7
- Colleges and Universities 6
- Education 6
- Historians -- Utah 6
- Home and Family 6
- Social Life and Customs 6
- Manuscripts, American 3
- Correspondence 2
- Material Types 2
- Mormons -- Utah -- Biography 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Book of Mormon 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Civil Rights 1
- Editors -- Florida -- Interviews 1
- Electronic mail messages 1
- Equal rights amendments -- United States 1
- Essays 1
- Grantsville (Utah) -- History 1
- Immigration and American Expansion 1
- Interviews 1
- Mormon Church -- History 1
- Mormons -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormons -- California -- Biography 1
- Newspapers 1
- Pioneers 1
- Politics, Government, and Law 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Public welfare -- United States -- History 1
- Publications 1
- Religion 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Women authors, American -- Correspondence 1 + ∧ less