Cody-Sylvan Pass Motor Company
The Cody-Sylvan Pass Motor Company was founded in 1913 by F.J. Haynes. In 1916, the company became the first motorized bus fleet that was allowed in Yellowstone. By that time, it was co-owned by William Nichols and Shaw & Powell. Their fleet consisted of seven ten-passenger trucks with open bodies, five six-passenger Buicks, one Buick service car, and one GMC Truck. In 1917, the company lost its bid to YPTCo, and F.J. Haynes was forced to sell his shares in the company.
Citation:Valley Fine Art, July 27, 2011: F.J. Haynes 1853-1921 (Cody-Sylban Pass Motor Company was founded in 1913 by F.J. Haynes; first motorized fleet allowed in Yellowstone National Park in 1916; co-owned by William Nichols and Shaw & Powell; seven ten-passenger trucks, five six-passenger Buicks, one Buick service car; one GMC truck; 1917 lost bid to YPTCo)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Cody-Sylvan Pass Motor Company records
Contains business records of the Cody-Sylvan Pass Motor Company, including profit and loss statements as well as correspondence regarding trips in automobiles through Yellowstone. Materials date from between 1915 and 1916.