Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Photocopy and typescript of a handwritten letter written while on the march with the Mormon Battalion. The item is addressed to Butterfield's mother and gives particulars about the Mormon pioneer trek to the west as well as the Mormon Battalion's mission and activities. Butterfield explains his Mormon faith to his mother.
Softbound typescript of an account of the rescue of the Martin Handcart Company, taken from journals and oral family histories.
Handwritten and signed minutes dated 2 July 1849. The document is of a meeting of the "Company of Saints," and discusses company appointments.
Collection of papers by or about Robert Hodgson Skelton. Included in the collection is Skelton's journal from his mission to India, plus a photocopy and transcription of the same. Also includes a petition for assistance to the people of Santa Cruz, California, by Skelton and other Mormon missionaries traveling to their missions
without purse or scrip.
Handwritten and signed minutes dated 24 June 1849. The document is of a meeting of the Company of "Saints" en-route to Salt Lake City, and discusses company appointments.
- Immigration and American Expansion 6
- Pioneers 6
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Diaries 2
- Electronic books 2
- Handcarts -- West (U.S.) -- History 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Mormon handcart companies 2
- Mormon pioneers -- History 2
- Mormon pioneers -- Sources 2
- Typescripts 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Biography 1
- Certificates 1
- Family histories 1
- Genealogies 1
- Histories 1
- Letters 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- History 1
- Missionaries -- India -- Appointment to office 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- India 1
- Mormon missionaries -- India -- History 1
- Mormon pioneers -- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Photocopies 1
- Scotland -- Emigration and immigration -- History -- 19th century 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1
- Tooele (Utah) -- History 1
- Winter Quarters (Neb.) 1 ∧ less
- James G. Willie Emigrating Company 2
- Butterfield, Jacob Kemp, 1813-1889 1
- Campbell, Robert Lang, 1825-1872 1
- Dixon, Laletas 1
- Edward Martin Emigrating Company 1