Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Collection includes published and handwritten unpublished musical selections written and arranged by Brigham Young University faculty members.
Includes original, photocopied, and published music scores by De Azevedo, composed for musical and film productions with Latter-day Saint (LDS) themes. Also includes recordings of music scores in the following formats: audiocassette, audiotape, videotape, compact disc, and phonograph record. The collection sheds significant light on the development of the LDS popular music genre.
Indian opera productions composed by Hanson, musical scores, research material, and scrapbooks and photos based on ceremonies and music of the Ute Indians of Colorado and Utah. Operas included are: "Sun Dance," produced in New York City, 1938, "Bear Dance," and "The Bleeding Heart," a white man's fantasy of an imaginary Indian people who lived at the base of Mount Timpanogos in Utah.
Photocopies of the play "Nephi the Tender Bough" in two volumes. This is a music drama in a prologue and five acts. The text was written by Inez Stevens Cooper (based upon the Book of Mormon) and set to music by John Laurence Seymour.
Correspondence, doctoral dissertation notes, music manuscripts, programs, and newspaper reviews of performances and recordings.
Handwritten music scores and accompanying words. Many of the lyrics were written by Jessie Beatrice Chadsey. The songs are entitled: "Waiting for You" and "Birdling." The dates of composition are uncertain.
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections 5
- L. Tom Perry Special Collections. University Archives 1
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 5
- Music 5
- Mormons -- Songs and music 3
- Audiocassettes 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Compact discs 1
- Composers -- California -- History -- Sources 1
- Composers -- United States -- History 1
- Education 1
- Letters 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History 1
- Mormons -- Songs and music -- History and criticism 1
- Musicians -- Utah -- History 1
- Newspapers 1
- Notes 1
- Opera -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Operas -- Scores -- History -- Sources 1
- Operetta -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Phonograph records 1
- Photocopies 1
- Sacred musicals 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Songs -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Ute Indians 1
- Video tapes 1
- Women composers -- United States -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Brigham Young University 2
- Brigham Young University. Department of Music 2
- Seymour, John Laurence 2
- Brigham Young University. English Department 1
- Chadsey, Jessie Beatrice 1