Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
12 letters and 1 telegram from DeMille to Lasky, 1 photograph.
Contains production company records on financing, production, distribution, advertising, contracts, photographs, audio tapes, soundtracks, and reports. Motion pictures documented include Rivals, Where the Red Fern Grows, Seven Alone, Pony Express Rider, and Against a Crooked Sky. Includes 35 mm and 16 mm prints of produced films, as well as files on unproduced projects such as preliminary research and scripts. Also contains the personal papers of company founder Lyman Dayton.
Collection includes notes, interviews, correspondence, photographs, galley proofs with handwritten corrections, and book drafts also with handwritten corrections. Also included are two books by Easton: The Search for Sam Goldwyn and Straight Ahead: the Story of Stan Kenton. The materials relate to Easton's research to write these two biographies.
Contains 168 photographs originally owned by Francis Ford. The photographs chronicle Francis Ford's career as an actor, director, and writer in the Hollywood silent movie industry. The photos date from 1901 through the 1940s with the greater number dating in the 1920s. during the active period of the Francis Ford Studios. Also contains a set of stills from various John Ford (Francis' younger brother) movies.
Kieth Merrill papers collection contains diaries, personal and business papers, photographs, and motion pictures from Kieth Merrill. The personal papers include journal manuscripts and correspondence. Business papers include production materials from The Great American Cowboy, Take Down, Harry's War, and Legacy.
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences 4
- Performing Arts 4
- Letters 3
- Manuscripts 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States 2
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- Biography 2
- Biography 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Cowboys -- United States 1
- Diaries 1
- Drafts (Documents) 1
- Interviews 1
- Jazz musicians -- United States -- Biography 1
- Material Types 1
- Media and Communication 1
- Mormons in motion pictures -- History 1
- Motion picture directors 1
- Motion picture plays 1
- Motion picture producers 1
- Motion picture producers and directors -- United States -- History 1
- Notes 1
- Rodeos -- United States 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) 1
- Screenwriters -- United States 1
- Silent films 1
- Slides (Photography) 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Video tapes 1
- Western films -- United States -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Dayton, Lyman D. 1
- DeMille, Cecil B. (Cecil Blount), 1881-1959 1
- Doty-Dayton Productions (Firm) 1
- Easton, Carol 1
- Ford, Francis, 1881-1953 1