Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Photocopies of a typewritten autobiography, a newspaper clipping, a Mormon Church blessing, and an essay. Also included are photocopies of handwritten letters received by Bean. These items include letters received from Mormon Church leaders Heber J. Grant and J. Golden Kimball. Bean was a missionary to the Southern States and lived in Palmyra, New York from 1915 to 1939.
Handwritten and signed letter addressed to A. J. Comstock and dated October 1835. H. M. Comstock writes about how logs may be cut up most effectively into lumber and presents tables on how this is best to be accomplished.
Handwritten letter dated 24 July 1832 with "Dear Sister" on the top of the first page as a salutation. The item was addressed to Joseph Mason of Walpole, New Hampshire. Emeline informs her sister that she has just been baptized into a Protestant church about 50 miles west of Palmyra, New York and no longer fears death or hardship.
Handwritten letter dated 24 Feb. 1836 and addressed to "Dear Mother" in New Hampshire. Walker writes about school, the weather, and about a local fire.
Handwritten and signed letter dated 12 July 1838 and addressed to Rev. Milton Badger of New York City. The letter was written in Walworth, New York. West writes about his congregation of some forty women and children and complains that he has no meeting house and inadequate funds. The item was postamarked in Palmyra, New York, a neighboring community.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Clergy -- New York -- Walworth -- Correspondence 1
- Correspondence 1
- Essays 1
- Farmers -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History -- Sources 1
- Forestry and Logging 1
- Home and Family 1
- Lumbering -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History -- Sources 1
- Material Types 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Southern States -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States 1
- Mormons -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History 1
- Protestantism 1
- Protestants -- New York -- Correspondence 1
- Religion 1
- Sawmills -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- History -- Sources 1
- Social Life and Customs 1
- Students -- New York (State) -- Palmyra -- Correspondence 1
- Walworth (N.Y.) -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Badger, Milton, 1800-1873 1
- Bean, Willard Washington, 1868-1949 1
- Comstock, A. J. 1
- Comstock, H. M. 1
- Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945 1