Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Handwritten entries into a book of blank pages. The entries relate to the meetings of the "Black Hawk Committee" of Springville, Utah. The organization commemorated the Black Hawk War between the whites and Indians of Utah. Also included are financial records and a list of men from Springville who participated in the war.
Handwritten patriarchal blessing given to Louisa Bowen on 16 Dec. 1876 in Springville, Utah. Bowen is promised salvation if she is righteous.
Typewritten biography of Jonah Thomas Phillips (1864-1928), typewritten history of the Phillips family, and miscellaneous photocopies of letters relating to Phillips family history. The Phillips are a Mormon family which originated in great Britain an settled in Springville, Utah.
Typewritten excerpts from a handwritten diary. Gallup summarizes his activities monthly. Gallup settled in Springville, Utah, in 1851. He writes about encounters with Ute Indians, the Utah War, and the Mormon "reformation." He comments on Mormon polygamy and tells about the death of his wife. Also included are the patriarchal blessings given to Luke and to his wife, Lydia.
Handwritten history the Springville Branch. Marchbanks records births and deaths, dates of children's blessings, meeting minutes, and marriages.
Photocopies of handwritten diaries kept from 1894 to 1896 while Hutchings was serving on a mission for the Mormon Church in Samoa. Hutchings presents a detailed account of his activities and the culture of the Samoan people. Also included is an autobiography in which Hutchings writes about his childhood in Springville, Utah, his work in Eureka, Nevada, and his family life.
Handwritten diary for the years 1858 to 1860, a letter from 1882, and ledger books covering the years 1888 to 1895. Kelsey writes about his daily activities in England as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1858 to 1860 and records the financial transactions of his store in Springville.
Typewritten biography of Packard taken from "Portrait: Genealogical and Biographical Record of the State of Utah."
Handwritten record of Mormon Church meetings in Springville, Utah. The item was kept by an unknown person. The account relates the nature of the meetings; mentions the Mormon Church leaders who gave talks; summarizes the talks, testimonies, and prophecies given; discusses community matters; and outlines important political issues of the day.
Handwritten meeting minutes of the "school" of the Springville First Ward of the Mormon Church in Springville, Utah. The school was involved in literary readings, concerts, songs, and other forms of recreation.
- Subject: Mormons -- Utah -- Springville -- History X
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 7
- Church Government 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- Black Hawk War (Utah), 1865-1872 2
- Diaries 2
- Histories 2
- Immigration and American Expansion 2
- Military 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Mormon Church -- Utah -- Springville -- History 2
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 2
- Pioneers 2
- Politics, Government, and Law 2
- Social Life and Customs 2
- Account books 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Biography 1
- Businessmen -- Utah -- Springville -- History 1
- City and Town Life 1
- Essays 1
- Excommunication -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Home and Family 1
- Letters 1
- Lists 1
- Mormon Church -- Apostles 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- England -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Samoan Islands -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- Springville -- History 1
- Religion 1
- Samoan Islands -- History 1
- Samoans -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1
- Ute Indians -- History 1
- Ute Indians -- Wars 1 ∧ less
- Utah. Militia 2
- Bowen, Louisa 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Springville 1st Ward (Springville, Utah) 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Springville Ward (Springville, Utah) 1
- Coltrin, Zebedee, 1804-1887 1