Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Nine handwritten letters and 6 pages of Elder Emery F. Barrus' journal kept while he served as a missionary for the Mormon Church in the Southern States Mission in 1899. Letters and journal describe both Barrus' travels and attempts to preach the restored gospel, primarily to people of Tennessee and Missouri. Both letters and journal pages are photocopied for patron use. Also included are the funerary program and a newspaper obituary of Ruth Hammond Barrus.
Handwritten account of a dream written down by William Huntington in his diary on 1 Feb. 1845 over seven months after Smith was killed and purports to be in Smith's own words. The dream tells about Smith seeing a beautiful lady and a rider.
Correspondence, diaries, and a family history. The correspondence is between Van Cott and family members. Also included are handwritten and signed letters from Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church, to Van Cott. The diaries cover the time when Van Cott served as a missionary for the Mormon Church from 1852 to 1856 and from 1859 to 1862. He was in Iowa City, Iowa, when the first handcart companies left for Utah.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 2
- Letters 2
- Missions and Missionaries 2
- Mormon Church -- Presidents 2
- Histories 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Scandinavia 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Southern States 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States 1
- Mormon pioneers -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Scandinavia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Barrus, Emery F., 1865-1937 1
- Barrus, Ruth Hammond, 1912-1980 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Huntington, William, 1784-1846 1
- Smith, Joseph, Jr., 1805-1844 1