Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
John Austin Abbott mission diaries
Contains five volumes of photocopied pages from the mission diaries of John Austin Abbott. Abbott served in the New Zealand Mission, and these diaries detail his daily occasions. He talks about his time with the Mormon Church, their lives, the weather, and baptism numbers. Dated 1899-1901.
Joseph Peter Beck diaries
Photocopy of a microfilm copy of a handwritten diary. Beck writes about his preparations for a mission and about walking to San Francisco, California, to buy a ticket to New Zealand. He tells about his journey and his missionary activities in New Zealand which included his studies of the Maori language. He returned and arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Alma Greenwood diary and scrapbook
Handwritten diary and scrapbook. The journal was kept from 1 Jan. to 31 Dec. 1883 when Greenwood was serving as a missionary in New Zealand. He reports on his daily activities in entries that are often lengthy and detailed. The scrapbook was created by Alma's wife, Florence Greenwood. It contains newspaper clippings from the 1880s that relate to Mormons, Utah, and to national happenings.
Harold Alonzo Hinckley journal
John Delos Lauritzen journals and photographs
Materials include journals and photocopies of journals pertaining to John Delos Lauritzen's time as a missionary serving in New Zealand, and photographs surrounding his service. Also included are CD transcriptions of his mission journals. Dated approximately 1915-1919.
Andrew Oldroyd mission journals
Contains five mission diaries kept by Andrew Oldroyd during his service in New Zealand. Includes records of his baptisms and meetings, as well as dicussions of his daily activities in the field. Dated 1901-1903.
Tonks family biographies and diaries
J. S. Welch mission journal
Typescript of journal produced by J. S. Welch during his service as principal of the Latter Day Saints' Maori Agricultural College. Includes photographs and Maori vocabulary, as well as entries describing his work at the college farm, the landscape and vegetation of New Zealand, and the impact of his service on his family.
- Subject: Mormon missionaries -- New Zealand -- Diaries X
- Electronic books 3
- Missionaries 3
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- New Zealand 3
- Photographs 3
- Mormons -- New Zealand 2
- Mormons -- New Zealand -- History 2
- Agriculture -- New Zealand -- History 1
- Educators -- Utah -- History 1
- Maori (New Zealand people) -- Missions 1
- Maori language 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon families -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- New Zealand -- Photographs 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Southern States -- Diaries 1
- Mormons -- Idaho -- Biography 1
- New Zealand 1
- Photocopies 1
- School principals -- New Zealand -- History -- Sources 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Typescripts 1
- Universities and colleges, Maori -- History 1
- Utah -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Maori 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Abbott, John Austin, 1871-1954 1
- Beck, Joseph Peter, 1867-1941 1
- Greenwood, Alma 1
- Greenwood, Florence 1
- Hinckley, Harold Alonzo, 1894-1991 1