Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Alfred Alder diary
Handwritten diary covering the dates from 27 Feb. to 31 May 1883 while Alder was serving on a mission for the Mormon Church in England. Alder writes of his daily activities and of the conditions of the Mormon Church in England. Also included are notes on the Alder's genealogy.
Ira Bennion diary
Handwritten diary. Bennion records his activities from the time he left Salt Lake City, Utah through his first year as a missionary for the Mormon Church in England.
John Watts Berrett diary
Photocopy of a handwritten diary. The original journals are in four volumes and are located in the LDS Church Library-Archives in Salt Lake City, Utah. Berrett was a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in England who served on a mission for that faith in his native country. Berrett writes about his daily activities as a Mormon and as a missionary in England.
C. D. Brinton diary
Handwritten journal. Brinton served with his wife in the Sheffield Conference of the England Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The diary was written between the dates of August 9, 1900 and July 18, 1901 and is labeled as volume one.
Lorenzo Brown diary
Collection contains a handwritten diary (approximately 200 pages ; 16 x 11 cm). Except for a few pages, the item covers the years 1875-1877 when Brown served as a Mormon missionary in England. Brown was living in St. George, Utah when called as a missionary. He describes his trip to and from England and his daily activities there. Dated 1875-1880. Also includes an unedited transcription.
Malcolm Butler diary
Handwritten diary. Butler writes about his work as a Mormon missionary in entries that are often lengthy and detailed. Butler also records numerous scriptural references of personal interest.
William John Benbow Carter diary
Handwritten diary. The record covers from March to July in 1879 when Carter was returning from his mission to England by ship and by rail. Also included are entries for February and March 1882 starting when Carter married Lottie R. Smith in St. George, Utah.
William Clayton diary
Joel Grover diary
Microfilm copy of a handwritten diary covering the years from 1867 to 1869. Also included are notes and Grover family patriarchal blessings dating to 1912. Also in the collection are two cassette sound tapes and a partial typed transcription of the diary covering the years from 1867 to 1869. The item tells about Grover's experiences as a missionary for the Mormon Church in England.
William Cameron Dunbar letter
Photocopy of a typewritten letter dated September 26, 1854 and addressed to the president and members of the "39th quorum of Seventies" of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The item was written when Dunbar was serving as a missionary in England. Dunbar writes about opening up an area near Taunton, England, for preaching and about various aspects of missionary work.
- Diaries 13
- Mormons -- England -- History 12
- Mormon missionaries -- England 8
- Mormon missionaries -- England -- History 7
- Letters 2
- Mormons -- Utah -- Saint George -- History 2
- Saint George (Utah) -- History 2
- Bloomington (Idaho) -- History 1
- Genealogies 1
- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century 1
- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century 1
- Material Types 1
- Mormon Church -- England -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Wales -- History 1
- Mormon missionaries -- Wales -- History 1
- Mormons -- Idaho -- Bloomington -- History -- Sources 1
- Mormons -- Illinois -- Nauvoo -- History 1
- Mormons -- Wales -- History 1
- Nauvoo (Ill.) -- History 1
- Notes 1
- Photocopies 1
- Taunton (England) -- History -- Sourves 1
- Typescripts 1 + ∧ less
- Alder, Alfred, 1851-1931 1
- Bennion, Ira, 1864-1929 1
- Berrett, John Watts 1
- Brinton, C. D. 1
- Brown, Lorenzo, 1823-1902 1
- Butler, Malcolm 1
- Carter, William John Benbow, 1852-1908 1
- Clayton, William, 1814-1879 1
- Dunbar, William Cameron 1
- Farrell, George Lionel 1
- Grover, Joel 1
- Nelson, Aaron, 1823- 1
- Nelson, William 1
- Patterson, Edward M. (Edward McGregor), 1841-1909 1
- Scherrer, J. J. 1
- Williams, David, 1823-1889 1 + ∧ less