Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter, dated 1 March 1886, and addressed to Franklin S. Richards, a lawyer in Salt Lake City, Utah. Snow thanks Richards for "securing appeal in my three cases to the U. S. Supreme Court and promise of bail." The issue involved was probably a charge of polygamy made against Snow.
Photocopies of typed copies of letters sent by John Taylor to his wives and to such LDS Church leaders as Brigham Young and Wilford Woodruff. The materials deal largely with family and Church matters. Also included are photocopies of handwritten notes on Taylor's various wives.
Correspondence, diaries, and a family history. The correspondence is between Van Cott and family members. Also included are handwritten and signed letters from Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church, to Van Cott. The diaries cover the time when Van Cott served as a missionary for the Mormon Church from 1852 to 1856 and from 1859 to 1862. He was in Iowa City, Iowa, when the first handcart companies left for Utah.
- Correspondence 2
- Letters 2
- Material Types 2
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History 2
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints 1
- Diaries 1
- Histories 1
- Missions and Missionaries 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Scandinavia 1
- Mormon pioneers -- History 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Scandinavia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 2
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 2
- Richards, Franklin S. 1
- Snow, Lorenzo, 1814-1901 1
- Taylor, John, 1808-1887 1