Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Typewritten and signed letter dated September 24, 1920 and addressed to Miss Miriam Taylor of Provo, Utah. The letter informs Miss Taylor that she has been "selected as a missionary to labor in New Zealand" for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She is expected to leave in November of 1920.
Handwritten and signed letter, composed in La Porte, Indiana, dated November 7, 1841, and addressed to Joseph Smith, first president of the Mormon Church. Martin writes to introduce himself, tells of his efforts to preach the Mormon faith, and asks for a blessing.
Handwritten and signed letter, dated 24 Nov. 1875, and addressed to Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church. Peirce introduces a gentleman from San Juan who has information on the missionary activities of the Mormon Church in Arizona.
Correspondence, diaries, and a family history. The correspondence is between Van Cott and family members. Also included are handwritten and signed letters from Brigham Young, second president of the Mormon Church, to Van Cott. The diaries cover the time when Van Cott served as a missionary for the Mormon Church from 1852 to 1856 and from 1859 to 1862. He was in Iowa City, Iowa, when the first handcart companies left for Utah.
Handwritten and signed letter dated September 5, 1860 calling James Wareham of Manti, Utah, to missionary service.
Photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter dated December 1, 1854 and addressed to Andrew S. Siler in St. Louis, Missouri. Young offers encouragement to Siler, who was serving on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Mormon pioneers -- History 2
- Certificates 1
- Diaries 1
- Histories 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Arizona -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Indiana -- History 1
- Mormon Church -- Missions -- Scandinavia 1
- Mormon missionaries -- History 1
- Mormons -- Indiana -- History 1
- Patriarchal blessings (Mormon Church) -- History 1
- Photocopies 1
- Polygamy -- Religious aspects -- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints -- History 1
- Polygamy -- Utah -- History 1
- Saint Louis (Mo.) -- History 1
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- History 1
- Scandinavia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Young, Brigham, 1801-1877 5
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 4
- Grant, Heber J. (Heber Jeddy), 1856-1945 1
- Martin, Moses, 1812-1900 1
- Peirce, James Madison 1